Monday, February 04, 2008

Absolute Nightmare (It'll Never End!!!)

On Sunday we had to go to Salt Lake City, and the roads in Ogden were absolutely awful. We had to shovel our way out of our house (as we do every morning, and then we have to shovel our way in during the evening), and as soon as we entered Salt Lake County, the snow magically disappeared. I mean, there was nothing! While we are completely covered in this white crap!!

I took this today on my way back home, after the sun had been shining for hours:

At the school parking lot



At Meg's school's parking lot

Our mail box. You can see where the mailman had to step to leave our mail

Our ex-sidewalk



Update: Some pics taken around town

An ice covered column at church

A cool icecicle by the Wisebird Bookery

I've seen a few of these snow formation on roofs around town, and I still can't figure out what causes them.

People don't roll up snowmen up here. They carve them out of the piled up snow.

1 comment:

Hethrjem said...

Glad I'm in Boise during the Winter Misery of 07-08!