Friday, April 24, 2009

Tape Sculptures

I first saw these cool tape sculptures in Hi Fructose magazine a while ago. They were awesome. The guy made a bunch of babies out of tape and put them in random places and photographed people's reactions.

After reading a couple of tutorials, I tried my first sculpture: a clear cast of my hand. It didn't turn out very good thought. That one is my hallpass now.

I wanted to try it again, but I didn't have any clear plastic bags, which is what you tape on (otherwise I would have taped my hand, and I would still be scraping it out), so I tried with one of those white plastic bags with "thank you" in red letters, and since I didn't have any wide tape, I tried the regular thin scotch tape, and it worked great, because it gave the "sculpture" much greater detail, and the red letters gave it a creepy bloody effect.

It was pretty easy and fast to make. It took longer to write this than to make the hand.

No comments: