Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Awesomes Christmas Ever?

The fact that so many people gave me so many awesome presents makes me feel really bad because I didn't buy anything for anybody, except the kids. It's true that we're more broke than we've ever been, but I also decided that we shouldn't worry, since we drew names with Geoff, so that part of the family was taken care of (I thought), and Meg made cute aprons for all the ladies in the family, which is a better present that I could have bought anyway, because I'm the crapiest present giver ever (awkward sentence). Also, last year was so crappy when it came to presents that I didn't worry. I mean, I got like a wind up worm, and stuff like that.


But this year Gabe and I scored big time. He got toys galore, more than he understands what to do with. I got tons of books (oh yeah). Matt gave me a Barnes and Noble gift certificate that helped to pay for my new Nook, which is absolutely awesome. Jonatan giving me all his DJ lights and selling them the day after Christmas to some dude that came all the way from Idaho because he was so desperate to have them helped pay for the rest of it. Matt also gave me a bunch of drill bits, and Geoff gave me a wrench with tons of thingies to put in the tip thingy. You know. I'm a tool sensei.



Geoff and Amy also gave me a copy of Philip Roth's Zucherman Unbound, which was on my Amazon wish list for years in the hope that it would sell for less than $35.00, and I had almost lost hope. I also got a cool watch that didn't fit because my hands are so freakishly huge, but that I traded for some stuff for Meg, which gave me a bunch of brownie points, which is a shame because I don't like brownies. Pat gave Meg and me a certificate for Macaroni Grill, which I love. I think I love it so much that the last time we went there the waiter was impressed that we had cleaned our plate, so he had to say "Wow (yes, he said wow), you did a good job with that." Of course I shared it with Meg, but I don't think he knew that. He didn't get a very good tip.

More books: Chad and Heather gave me and Gabe The Dangerous Book for Boys, and my friend Alicia gave me I Am America and So Can You, by Colbert. How did everybody know what I like? I mean, I didn't get a Bill O'Reilly book not even by accident. What are the odds?

Matias and Emily gave me a cool game, which nobody wants to play with me, so we'll probably have to take it to their house one day and play it together.

We spent the morning of the 24th at Pat's, where we had tons of awesome soup. Matt, Heather, Chad and Maura were there and it was really chill. Chad gave me a lunar module model that I put together the next day. Then we went to Matias' house, where we spent the night. We were too tired to wait for midnight and do the traditional Christmas toast we do in Argentina, so I was the first to wake up the next morning and bother everyone. After that, we went home to spend the rest of Christmas with Geoff and Amy and the rest of the Burys.

Some pics (I forgot to take pictures of the first two family meetings. Sorry!!)

The picture that lil Heather drew of Gabe. Ain't it awesome?
And a random picture of Gabe just because he looks so dang cute
 

No comments: