Monday, July 01, 2013

In Which We Finish the Patio

Last year I built a pergola next to our shed, after the city dashed our dreams to have some privacy. Since then, we thought of doing something with the ground underneath it, either to build a deck, or put some bricks. Meg finally decided that we should just put some pea gravel, which required desoding. After my two past desoding experiences (weed patch + parking strip), I wasn't too excited to start. Luckily Geoff volunteered to help, and one day when I woke up (I worked the night before, so I woke up way after noon), he had almost finished desoding the whole thing. Best-father-in-law-ever.

After our lastexperience buying rocks, we decided that we would just put a bunch of buckets in the trunk of both our cars and haul the gravel that way, the problem being that Staker Parson won't deliver less than five tons, or so. So, after two trips there, we had all the rocks we needed, and after Geoff doing the worst part, finishing up the patio was a breeze.

Rock frame





The patio set comes from DI.
Meg painted it, but the chairs are not quite done yet


No comments: