Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Little Things

So, a week after I fixed that danged pipe, it broke somewhere else. Fortunately, this time it was easier to fix because it wasn't under concrete like the last time, but it still was a pain, and it worries me that the whole thing is going to come apart.

Besides that, we've been cleaning the shed and the house. The shed was covered in hay, because it used to be the dog's house, so it was also covered in crap. Literally, crap and solidified hair. Nine large hefty bags later, only the zoo smell remains.

It kills me that I can't organize better inside the house because we can't paint yet, and we can't paint because the paint we ordered is not here after forever, and who knows when it's going to arrive. So, in the meantime I have to entertain myself doing the lawn and cutting the ugly bushes outside our windows.

Some little things we've done this week:

1. We replaced the outside light fixtures. The old ones were pretty rusty and full of garbage inside.




Yes mama, I'm cheap and crappy, but I'm clean, I'm clean!
____________________________

2. We replaced the shower head. The old one was dirty and it didn't have any presure. We replaced it for one of those huge ones. I love it.

Ok, I forgot to take a picture of the old one when it was still installed, but you got the picture. It's up there, in the left. You know.

3. The mail box.
This was supposed to be an easy one, but it took me a while. The soil was fill with rocks, so I had to dig two feet and just then I could stick it. It's a small thing, but the front of the house looks much better already.

I told you these were small ones. This and next week we are doing the big ones: we are changing the power meter to a different wall, because the wires are extremely old and about to fall apart, and the power company won't replace them until we decide to comply with the darned code (big and expensive: now you have a hint for birthday, Christmas, son's day, etc.'s presents). Also, we are cutting the big tree in front of the house. There are two big trees, but we are starting with the bigger one, because it's right in front of the living room window, and we can't get any sunlight at all.

No comments: