Monday, April 14, 2008

Adoption News 1

We have decided to go through every possible route to adopt a baby. Option 1: LDS Family Services.

So, a while ago we went to an orientation at the LDS Family Services office, and the first thing we see is a sign an a desk that read:

Hope Manuel

That was, clearly, a sign for us. But things didn't finish there.

A couple of months later (today), I went back to turn in our application, and the secretaries told me "you actually need to talk to Hope," and pointed to where the lady named Hope Manuel was on her knees trying to plug something into the back of her computer. "Do you need help," I asked her. The secretaries laughed. "I'm trying to plug my printer back. I unplugged it, and now the plugs don't fit it. I don't think there was something else attached to it. I just don't get it." I tried to help her out, but the connector was really weird, and there was nothing in the back of the computer where the cable could have been connected to. After a while of looking hopelessly to the different connectors, I decide to unplug the cable from the printer, and then I realized the problem was that they put the connectors of the cables in the wrong ends. What should have gone attached to the computer was attached to the printer, and they were trying to connect the end that went in the printer into the computer. So, after 10 minutes of laying there, under Hope's desk, trying to fix her computer problem, she asks me "so, are you a volunteer?" "No," I answered. "I just came to drop my application for the adoption process."

I don't need to mention that she was really excited and overly helpful after that. Things just get better and better every time I go to that office...