Sunday, June 01, 2008

School's Out!

Last Thursday was our last day of school. We had to go to school on Friday, but it was mostly to box our things and to get our classrooms ready for summer school.

I was offered a different classroom. One with a door and at least one real wall. The teacher in that classroom was going to leave, because she's an elementary teacher, and with our school changing to junior high (currently it's a middle school) there will be no more sixth graders, and, therefore, the school has no use for elementary teachers anymore. Thing is, the principal decided not to give me that classroom, but one of the old science rooms instead (the science teachers are getting brand new classrooms with computers in each desk), and it's like ten times better than the classroom I wanted. It has two doors that lead outside, a door to enter my classroom from the hall (I didn't have one of those this year, which can be extremely distracting in a middle school), four real walls instead of crappy panels, and a walk in closet!

With my Language Arts class we made a movie. We were supposed to make three, but they were so stupid the last days of school that it was like trying to teach cats how to dance the Can Can.

I also made a video for the end of year assembly (the teacher in charge asked us to please share anything, because she didn't have enough material). It took me a long time to film and edit this, and at the last minute she decided to ask the nerds in the computer department to just show two million pictures with background music instead.

1 comment:

Hethrjem said...

I love the "rain" and the paper door in "The Bad Dream" movie.