Friday, June 25, 2010

Walls-Be-Gone

Meg decided that she didn't like those little wall-looking-thingies between the kitchen and the dining room. So I had to get rid of them...



















First problem: The blade of the knife I was using to cut the sheetrock snapped out. Over a week later, I still have a pretty nasty scar.




















We are going to replace the kitchen and dining room floors, but in the meantime, there's going to be either a hole or a not-very good looking patch there. We kind of forgot about the floor when we tackled this thing :)

2 comments:

Amy Bury said...

Hey that aint no sheetrock saw! but good on ya for remodeling a wall with a box knife!

M&M said...

That wasn't a box knife, it was a drywall one. At least that's what they told me at Home Depot! I finished the job using a meat knife, though. It also broke, but it didn't cut off my finger! :)