Saturday, November 15, 2008

New Furnace

.

Last week we called a technician to check our furnace. It looked so old that we were worried there might be something wrong with it. And because during the whole winter I could smell gas in our laundry room, where the furnace is in.



When the guy came, he noticed a few problems right away:


The thing had huge holes, which were letting the gas out into the house. In other words, we were being slowly poisoned. Everything makes sense now...

The inspector guy thought that the furnace was so unsafe that he decided to red tag it.


After coughing up all our baby savings, we got a new furnace. At least our house is warm for the first time (during the winter) since we moved here!

2 comments:

www.moneycents.net said...

Never mess around with a gas appliance. I remember leaning down to get some laundry out of the drying and the gas smell from the furnace nearly knocked me on my butt. If you don't have a carbon monoxide detector, I'd recommend getting one. They can save your life.

But I'm glad that you're warm for the winter. In Chicago, we're bracing for a long, cold winter :-)

Megan said...

Furnaces are much better investments than babies anyway. Oh and I'm sure my brain cells completely eroded last year. I was wondering why I felt so much stupider.
Warm, snuggly, and happy! That's me!