Monday, February 02, 2009

Selling on Craigslist

.

This week I wanted to get rid of a phone I had, and to make sure that it would sell, I posted it on eBay, Craigslist, and KSL, and I have to tell you, KSL is the bomb! Not only because more people check it out, but because you don't have as many scammers as in Craigslist.

For example, this is the email that someone sent me about the phone, from Craigslist:
"Is your item for sale???"

This kind of threw me off. What did she mean if it was for sale? What would it be, for rent? Of course it was for sale! And what's up with the three quotation marks??? But I didn't want to be fecicious to a potential buyer, so I replied with a neutral "yes, it is." She then replied:

"Thanks for your respond to my mail.........and i will have love to pick up the item myself....but due to some reasons..........let me know the postage to my brother in West Africa(Nigeria)who is in need of this item for a project in a couple of days time........and i want it send to him through Parcel force or royal mail international signed for,as a gift to him........please get back to me with the total cost,your pay pal email and name for the payment to me made as soon as possible."

That was just too good to be true. Now I have golden material for my blog, and I could be fecicious! My reply:
"Nigeria? Sure thing! I'll also send him a few hundred bucks, just because I'm stupid like that!"

I haven't received a reply to that yet.

2 comments:

Hethrjem said...

Those Nigerian princes REALLY need our help. Come on, show some charity.

Cathy Christiansen said...

Hi Megan,
I thought this was funny! Thanks for sharing. So...I'm finally on the blog craze and in addition to a family blog I also did a blog of our home building progress and my violin stuff (there are links on the famiy blog). I kindof got the idea for the home-building blog from you (when you blogged your home renovations) - thanks!