Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Couch 3.0

Meg fixed this couch before. She re-covered the pillows, which was a huge job, and it looked really nice. But that cover started tearing up, and getting dirty, and even though this is a beautiful couch, I was never crazy about the condition of the wood. So this week I finally took it outside, sanded the crap out of it and stained it black. It ended up a little shinier than I expected (the semi-gloss on the can should have tipped me, huh?), but with the new covers that Meg made, it looks awesome. The semi gloss makes the imperfections on the wood quite noticeable, but it'll do for the next few years, or forever. We've decided that after its useful indoors life, this couch will become outdoor furniture. Nobody else will inherit this! It's ours forever! Wahahahah!

Anyway, this is the couch before:



Mah sanding job:



Final thang:





Meg's is like ridiculously talented. I don't understand how we're not making bank yet!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I may be talented but you are one heck of an amazing sander.

D and C said...

OK. I have decided out of mere jealousy that we can no longer be friends. Blame yourself for your ridiculous amount of talent. POO ON YOU! lol
I love it. It looks AMAZING!

Saine said...

wow!! Looks nice!! Do y'all want to come to our house to do some projects?

M&M said...

Sanding is my super power